Avenue House is a private, family run Weymouth guesthouse, which offers a warm welcome, coupled with high standards of service.
We have three comfortable rooms and are ideally situated for exploring Weymouth's picturesque 17th century harbour, which is just a 5-10 minute stroll away. Across the bridge is the town centre with a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars, and of course Weymouth's famous beach.
Also nearby are the picturesque Nothe Gardens, and the award-winning new sea protection scheme at Newtons Cove. Weymouth is an all-year round resort for sport and leisure, with easy access to the ferry for the Channel Islands.
Now a part of the official Jurassic Coast, Weymouth is also a handy centre for visiting many other nearby places, such as:
- The Isle of Portland, famed for its stone and quarries, also Portland Bill -
- Dorchester, historic capital town of the county -
- Bridport and West Bay, picturesque fishing town -
- Abbostbury, charming village of thatched cottages, shops and tearooms -
- Many other places are well worth a visit, such as Lyme Regis, Poole, Bournemouth and Brownsea Island.
Weymouth and Portland are the home of the 2012 Olympic Games Sailing Centre.
All our rooms have ensuite facilities with hospitality trays and colour TV. We also have free car parking (one space per room) which many other Weymouth establishments are now unable to offer. A delicious traditional full English breakfast is served, we can also provide a vegetarian breakfast on request.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 22 July 2011