Graystone Farmhouse B & B
Delightful Farmhouse B&B within the North Yorks Moors National Park, between Sandsend and Whitby, and within a mile of the sea and the Cleveland Way. There are two double bedrooms, a cosy snug and a garden with countryside views. Parking is within the courtyard.
Between the coastal town of Whitby, and the attractive village of Sandsend, Graystone Farmhouse is a beautiful Grade II listed building just outside the small village of Newholm and within the National Park. It is part of an original 19th century farm and has been sympathetically converted and recently refurbished to offer first class bed & breakfast accommodation.
The bed and breakfast accommodation includes 2 double bedrooms, a snug and a large bathroom. (Only one of the bedrooms is let unless both are wanted for family and/or friends.)
We offer a full English or continental breakfast, which is served in the traditional farmhouse kitchen. Guests are welcome to enjoy the large, informal garden with its picturesque views, two good seating areas – and even hammocks during the summer months!
The bed and breakfast has two bedrooms, which are furnished with a tasteful combination of antique and modern furniture (including a king-size bed in one room & a double in the other), and feature facilities such as tea and coffee making facilities, hair-drier, and flat-screen TV. Each bedroom has a lovely view of the countryside.
The cosy lounge has a TV, and a DVD player, including a selection of DVDs. A small fridge contains milk and water. The room also has a range of board games.
There is a large bathroom, including a shower over the bath. The rooms are not en suite, so we only let one of the rooms unless specifically requested otherwise (e.g., if both bedrooms are required for friends or family).
The Hayloft is an annexe to the Farmhouse suitable for a couple, and is entirely self-contained, including a shower room, kitchenette (inc. clothes-washing facilities) and a spacious living-area. There is a microwave and a good dining space if eating in, at night. Well-behaved pets are very welcome. Breakfast is available in the Farmhouse kitchen.
- Our breakfasts are cooked using, where possible, locally sourced, organic and fair trade produce, and we are happy to cater for vegetarians and any special requests/diets.
- Unfortunately we are unable to take dogs; please note that we do have cats (we know some people have an allergy to, or dislike for, them). They do tend to keep out of the way, though.
- There is a No Smoking policy in the Farmhouse.
- Children are welcome to stay in the Farmhouse, but some features of the building are not child-friendly!
- Parking is within the courtyard.
- From £35 (2 nights or more) to £39 (single night stays) per person per night, based on 2 people sharing, inclusive of breakfast. A minimum stay of 2 nights may apply over weekends in peak season.
- Children under 5 years, free; children between 5 and 12 years £10 per person per night.
- A single supplement of £10 is payable.
Further discounts are available on stays of 5 nights or more – please contact us for further details.
Please see our website for more pictures and details!
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 16 November 2012