Copyhold Hollow Bed & Breakfast
Two miles north of Haywards Heath, behind a 1,000-year-old box hedge, Copyhold Hollow nestles in the 1.5 acre hollow that gives it its name. The 16th Century, Grade II Listed House was built before Queen Elizabeth I came to the throne, on a site in use since the Iron Age. The proprietor, Frances Druce, spent 3.5 years restoring it and turning it into the very comfortable home it is today.
The cottage garden - featured in Garden News, November 2006 and The English Garden magazine, May 2007- surrounding the house gives way to native woodland enhanced by imaginative plantings of camellias, rhododendrons and other flowering trees and shrubs. Wild daffodils, wood anemones, carpets of bluebells, foxgloves, wild orchids - all take their turn to delight.
There is abundant bird and wildlife in the garden and surrounding countryside - designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - all helping to make Copyhold Hollow a haven for business people and tourists alike.
Facilities at Copyhold Hollow
* Bedrooms have en suite shower or bathrooms, beverage trays, hairdryers, televisions and crisp cotton sheets
* The oak beamed, guests' sitting room is dominated by the inglenook fireplace
* Enjoy home baked bread and fresh local food at breakfast
* All guests can enjoy the beautiful large English country garden at Copyhold Hollow
* Frances Druce has extensive knowledge of the area, local attractions, particularly gardens and specialist nurseries
* Details of walks in the area, including circular walks from Copyhold Hollow, are available
* Dogs welcome by arrangement.
Local Attractions Within 10 miles ..
* Borde Hill Gardens
* Lindfield Village
* Nymans (Garden)
* Wakehurst Place (Garden - National Trust)
* High Beeches (Garden)
* Sheffield Park (Garden - National Trust)
* Bluebell Railway
* Priest House, West Hoathly
* Wych Cross Nursery (Roses)
* Standen (National Trust)
* Imberhorne Lane Nursery (Camellias & Shrubs)
* Ingwersens Alpine Nursery
* Gatwick Airport
* Leonardslee (Garden)
* Architectural Plants (Nursery)
* Hickstead International Showjumping Course
* McBeans Orchids (Nursery)
* Tully's Farm (Children - summer)
* Pooh Bridge
* Ashdown Forest
* Hammerwood Park (House)
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 13 July 2013