Gite St. Martin B&B suite in old town centre
Additional put-you-up beds can be provided for extra young people.
We are located centrally in the historic town and tourist centre of St. Pons de Thomieres. St. Pons is situated in a valley in the heart of the beautiful national parc surrounded by mountains, lakes, rivers, forests and woodland.
The house is over 200 years old and incorporates features of the previous , now unused, church of St. Martin to give this accommodation quite a medieval atmosphere.
Airport Access and Operator:
* Toulouse : 120km west, Flybe
* Perpignan : 125km south, Flybe
* Gerona : 230km south, Rynair
Town of St. Pons de Thomieres Attractions and Activities
* Large market on Wednesday morning (the market does not take place in the square on which the house is located but in another square situated centrally and only 5 minutes by foot)
* Several bars , restaurants and 2 pizzerias including 1 take-away
* Shops, boulangerie, delicatessen, butcher and boutiques all within 5 minutes walk
* Large Office du Tourism
* Petanque pitch
* Tennis courts
* Football pitch
* Basketball pitch
* Modern Cinema
* Source of River Jaur
* Prehistory Museum
* Solar heated outdoor swimming pool
* 2 Supermarkets (March-U and EcoMarche). The nearest Le Clerc is situated in the town of Mazamet 25km west.
* Fete de Cochon (Pig Festival)
* Fete de Chaitaigne (Chestnut Festival)
Local Attractions and Activities (<10 miles)
* Lac Raviege, 10km north. The lake offers a wide variety of water sports including kayak hire, pedalos, small-motorised boats, windsurfing etc. There is a bar and restaurant at the Lac. There is also a man made beach and the lake offers a surprisingly warm alternative to the Mediterranean.
* Valley and River Orb, 12km east for fishing, canoeing, kayaking and sightseeing.
* Forest, Mountains, Wild Hills on the doorstep (hiking and walking). Click here for a 360 panoramic view of the terrain.
* Capestang , 20km. The nearest point to the Canal du Midi, ideal for a gentle stroll in the shade of the trees watching the activities on the water. The restaurant near the bridge is worth a visit. There are several restaurants and bars around the square, where the locals play petanque. Barge and boat hire also available.
* The very picturesque medieval historic town of Olargues (12km) set below the impressive Caroux Mountains.
* Horse and Pony Trekking
* Deveze Caves, Courniou Les Grottes, magnificent and huge
* Meze - Scenic Mediterranean fishing village with picturesque marina, small beach on the edge of the Etang de Thau (Lake) fed by the waters of the Mediterranean sea supplying the vast oyster beds that are on full view. With a wealth of seafood restaurants specialising in shellfish. A popular destination for most of our guests.s, rivers, forests and woodland.
A Suite is available comprising Living Room, Bedroom and en-suite bathroom with breakfast provided by the family.
||4 Place de Foiralet
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 13 August 2011