The Old Store Guest House
Beautiful and spotless rooms, lovely atmosphere, friendly hosts, good food and a fat cat … what more could you ask for?
It's the little extras, and the attention to detail, that keep our guests coming back to us - and get us noticed by the Good Hotel Guide.
The Old Store is a beautiful Georgian brick and flint house that was previously the village store and bakery. On the edge of the Goodwood Estate, it is convenient for Chichester, Arundel, Bognor Regis and Petworth, and is an ideal spot for exploring the South Downs and coastal area. We can recommend a number of beautiful woodland and downland walks and cycle routes that start from the house. We can also provide a packed lunch for you to enjoy along the way.
Relax in our lovely garden with a cup of tea and homemade cake, or in our cosy lounge, and plan your itinerary in a little part of England that is blessed with so many fascinating places to visit.
Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast, at a table laid with crisply starched linen, with fresh fruit salad, yoghurts and cereals followed by a cooked Full English breakfast using local produce. Our sausages are very highly commended by our guests! Follow it up with linen-wrapped toast and home-made jam and marmalade.
In the evening, saunter across to The Anglesey Arms, a traditional country pub that serves delicious organic and local food - much of it provided by Goodwood Estate. Or visit any of the restaurants and pubs that we are happy to recommend to you. Chichester Festival Theatre is only 4 miles away.
* Private car parking with security lighting on the premises
* A comfortable lounge for guests' use
* Large garden
* Children welcome (sorry - no pets, except guide dogs)
* 1 family room, 2 double rooms, 3 twin rooms, 1 single room
* All rooms en suite
* TV, tea and coffee making facilities, alarm clock/radio, trouser press and hair dryer in all rooms
* Central heating throughout
* From £35 per person per night
* Regular half-hourly bus service from the house into Chichester
* Most credit and debit cards are accepted
* No smoking house
* Quality assessed by Visit Chichester Assessment Scheme
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 18 February 2011