Bed & Breakfast Achemelis Hotel
Basic hotel and more providing accommodation and personal one on one tours. Basic package as follows:
• Day 1 Addis Abeba Airport Pickup and Transport to Nazret – Stop at Volcano Lake for refreshing fresh fruit drinks.
• Day 2 Relaxing day to recover from travel at Sodere hot springs 40 minutes from Nazret……. hot shower, swimming in 50m pool, hot tub, massage with wildlife (lots of monkeys and birds with possible crocodile &wild boar birds sightings).
• Day 3 Nazret tour with shopping and fresh fruit bar:
o Designer brands at a fraction of Canadian prices (Tommy, Addidas, Diesel)
o Transport by car, horse drawn cart (Gari) and Bajaj (tuktuk)
o Visit University
o Tour older and newer parts of the city
o Railroad route through Nazret
• Day 4 Awash City and Winery Tour
• Day 5 Jacaranda Farm (Ox, Dairy, Goat), Export Flower Farm (13 hectares of greenhouse with roses) and Sugarcane Farm (2000 hectare irrigated area).
• Day 6 Relax poolside at a selection of hotels or return to Sodere – Optional trips such as a safari or travel to other cities at additional charge
• Day 7 Nazret to Airport
Day trip to Addis Abeba is only 100 kilometres:
• Traditional dress and clothing market
• Hand crafts
• Sights and Landmarks
• Football (soccer) games
The above is simply a preliminary schedule and could be customized to include any item of interest or a longer duration. For example the trip to Axum is 500 kilometres so would be a 3 or 4 day excursion. Alternatively overnighting in an original local village in the ‘jungle place’ can be arranged complete with donkey transport to and from. If you wish a fresh goat can be provided and you are welcome to help in food preparation.
This is a family run business. The family is large and there would be someone with reasonable English with the guest 100% of the time both to provide information and for your comfort and security. One daughter is a nurse thus providing added assurance to a guest.
Offered are many traditional meals cooked in their own kitchen as well as the offer to accompany the guests to some very good local restaurants offering western meals. Evenings could also include visits to a variety of pubs and bars as well as dance spots.
Video of the entire trip can be provided for a small additional charge.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 22 November 2012