La Mortaise Bourgogne chambres d'hotes
Welcome at La Mortaise. We live in a small village in the middle of a regional nature park, the Morvan. Our 19th century manor possesses three vaste guestrooms and a holiday home. The rooms open onto the spacious garden. The surroundings are many sided and we like to help you take off when exploring the region. Come, enjoy and discover the perfect spot for a relaxed, sportive or ‘gourmand' holiday in Burgundy.
The Morvan is a beautiful, hilly, natural parc full of treasures to be discovered. Woods, pittoresque villages, beautiful lakes and interesting sites are the perfect decor for your holiday in Burgundy.
Being real Burgundy addicts, we like to share our favourite spots, and help you explore the wine district. As we enjoy walking and biking, we've prepared several routes and tracks. We have a kids friendly accommodation with a small safeguarded pool.
- Autun at 15 km, a town with Roman roots named after the Roman Emperor August. Sites: Roman entrance arches, Temple of Janus, Roman theatre, Saint-Lazare cathedral and the medieval centre.
- Bibracte and the Mount Beuvray loaded with Celtic rests and treasures.
- Dijon (at 50 minutes) with it's Palais of the Dukes of Burgundy, it's Halles and elegant shops.
- Beaune and it's famous Hôtel Dieu, at 45 minutes via a road through the Burgundy vineyards: Pommard, Rully, Meursault, Nuit St. Georges…).
- Vézélay to the North, an important stop on the pilgrimage way to Saint Jacob de Compestella in Spain, and the nearby castle of Bazoches.
- Several great castles : La Rochepot, Sully, Couches, Brandon, Cormatin ….
- The Lake of Settons at 30 minutes with it's water sports possibilities : canoeing, swimming, water-skiing and sailing.
F-71540 Lucenay l'Eveque
||0033 385 82 61 86
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 26 May 2010