Bella Baita, Italian Alps Retreat
Looking for a unique off the beaten path, homey accommodation offering a balance between complete independence and being a part of the family?
Somewhere you can experience an authentic Piedmont Italian Alps holiday? Whether
a short break or longer stay is what you desire, Bella Baita (mountain house), is a natural choice for your home sweet home base. Our affordable B&B is located between Briancon, France(50 miles west) and Turin, Italy(31 miles east)
Upper Chisone valley boasts the ski resorts of Sestriere, and Pragelato, Nordic center, both of Turin 2006 Winter Olympics fame. Nearby Fenestrelle Fortress, sometimes referred to as the 'Great Wall of Piedmont' is most impressive. We have plenty of suggestions for sightseeing, gastronomic exploration, active sports or regenerative relaxation.
Situated at 1,100m (3,608 ft) our spectacular panoramic view of historical Germanasca valley's French border is not to be missed. Our small 'baita' inn's location offers easy access to walking, trekking, cycling, rock climbing, wildflower, and wildlife spotting all in our tranquil setting.
Our comfy, inviting rooms have private entrances and facilities.
As chefs who love guests, in cooperation with our association 'TEM' (Ecologically Sustainable Mountain Tourism) we are able to offer other memorable meals upon arrangement and cater to special diets, insuring that you will be well looked after.
Bella Baita B & B offers
* Comfortable, affordable accommodation in a tranquil romantic mountain setting
* Spectacular views of the French border.
* All rooms with private bathrooms and entrances.
* Fresh locally sourced and home produced food, drawing on local traditions, and adding a few of our own.
* Close to three regional nature parks.
* Excellent hiking, biking and climbing country.
* Our location is well suited for mountain or city exploration.
* Use of a common room with cooking facilities, satellite TV and DVD player
* Access to free wireless Internet connection.
* We organize cooking and wine seminars, half day or multi day.
* Memorable meals organized on request.
* Personalized, friendly service tailored to your needs and locals knowledge
We are close to:
Turin, host to the 2006 Olympic Winter games, also has museums, and many interesting historical buildings
Fenestrelle Fortress: Largest fortress in all of Europe, with its nearly 4,000 steps, it is an impressive sight.
Scopriminiera, daily underground tours of 18th century talc mine in Germanasca Valley
2006 Olympic Sites
Pragelato: Ski Jumping & Flying and Nordic Races, next to Val Troncea Park
Sestriere: famous winter ski resort and site of the 2006 Olympic Downhill races and World Cup Host.
10060 Pinasca (TO)
||39 339 750 3940
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 19 October 2010