Fothergills on Mimiha
Come and enjoy this slice of heaven!
An idyllic country location, less than 1km from the beach which offers all the trimmings of a quintessential New Zealand homestay.
Hosts, Hilton & Bev Fothergill have lived here for 45 years, establishing a beautiful garden landscape with an emphasis on both modern and classic roses, plus fruit trees and a large vegetable garden to provide fresh food and pleasure of our guests.
The two-hectare garden surrounds the house and flows out to the farmland beyond, a natural habitat for native birds like tui, kereru and bellbirds whose song will be the only sound you hear as the sun comes up over the rugged valley hillsides.
The self-contained Bed & Breakfast suite has two bedrooms, one with a queen bed, the other twin king singles, very comfortable with woolrest underlays and electric blankets. Both rooms have TV and comfortable chairs.
A telephone is in the rooms. We have wireless Internet for your convenience, and can lend you a laptop. A heater is provided and flyscreens keep out unwanted nightlife.
The kitchenette has a fridge, hot plate, fry pan, and microwave. Crockery and cutlery is provided.
We invite you to have breakfast in the house or garden, with us. We offer fruits and home-made food from the garden; really fresh and Delicious! (e.g. freshly prepared apple or citrus juice, avocado, tomatoes.)
Seasonal fruit, cookies and a variety of teas and coffee are provided in your room.
You can use the washing machine, barbecue and all the garden and outdoor areas.
After a busy day relax in our outdoor spa.
* Self-contained B&B suite, upstairs, two bedrooms (let to only one group at a time)
* One new holiday home - 'Mimiha Cottage'
* High standard accommodation.
* Drinks (suited to time of day) on arrival
* Meals by advance arrangement
* BBQ available
* Spa Pool
* Gorgeous park-like garden
* Lovely farm and coast views
* Beautiful valley behind Pikowai Cliffs
* Picnic Spots
* Petanque Court
* Areas for relaxation outdoors
* Less than 1km to beach
* Popular fishing spot
* 20 Minutes to Whakatane
* 1 hour to both Rotorua and Tauranga
* 15 minutes to thermal hot pools
* Sight seeing tours to White Island (volcanic) from Whakatane
* Jet Boat tours from Whakatane
* Kiwifruit Country, Paengaroa, 20 minutes
* High standard golf courses within 20 minutes
* Scenic tours on the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway.
* Two friendly fox terriers, kept outside
||84 Mimiha Road
R D 4
||+64 7 3222224
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 09 July 2010