Kilronan House B&B
Kilronan house has spacious ensuite rooms with Tea/coffee making facilities, TV and free WiFi access, off-street parking. Kilronan House has three comfortable guest bedrooms, all with tea/coffee making facilities :
A spacious Double room with king-size bed and ensuite bathroom.
A very spacious Twin room with two extra-wide single beds and ensuite bathroom. An additional folding bed is available if required.
A standard Single room with wash basin and the exclusive use of a separate private bathroom.
We are in a quiet location in a leafy conservation area. Bridge of Allan is a former Victorian Spa town with many fine Victorian buildings. Bridge of Allan has strong associations with Robert Louis Stevenson who came here on holiday with his family each summer for more than twenty years.
Around the corner from Kilronan House is the former spa pump-house. It is now an excellent Italian restaurant.
Also in the village are numerous other restaurants and pubs, all within walking distance. The Allanwater cafe is renowned for its excellent fish and chips.
We are close to Stirling University and the main campus is 10 minutes walk or less in a car.
There are frequent trains to Edinburgh and Glasgow from local station.
If arriving by train we are happy to meet you at Bridge of Allan station.
Bridge of Allan is an excellent base from which to visit Stirling Castle, St Andrews, the fishing villages in Fife and the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
We offer reduced prices for stays of three nights or more.
History : Kilronan House is one of the oldest houses in Upper Bridge of Allan. It was originally called Viewfield when the house was built by Rev James Blair, «The Scottish Evangelist», in 1853.
It was later renamed Colaba House by David McLaren (1810-1883) who lived in the house on his return from India. David McLaren was an engineer with the East India Company in Bombay and he named the house after Colaba, a district of Bombay and the locality of The India Gate. The present name of Kilronan dates from around 1920.
In the early 18th.Century Bridge of Allan comprised not much more than a mill and a collection of poor cottages near the bridge. In 1745, 300 Highlanders from Bonnie Prince Charlie's army blockaded the bridge and collected tolls. On 28th August 1787 Robert Burns visited Stirling and passed through Bridge of Allan on his way to the Roman Fort at Braco and then on to Crieff. In 1793 he wrote his poem 'By Allan Stream'
||15, Kenilworth Road
Bridge of Allan
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 04 November 2012