Allerton House is a 4 Star guest house located in the historic Royal Burgh of Jedburgh. This stately Georgian home is surrounded by charming country gardens and provides all the modern amenities of the twenty-first century while preserving the character of its nineteenth century era. We strive to meet all of your wishes and needs with special facilities catering to children, complimentary indoor swimming just steps down the road, accommodation meeting all disability requirements, wireless email and internet access throughout the hotel, and countless ways to pamper yourself for that special get-away.
Whether you are staying for business or pleasure, the graciously appointed rooms, full range of facilities and warm hospitality will be sure to make your stay a memorable one. Situated only five minutes' walk from Jedburgh's town centre as well as from a host of lovely Border country walks, Allerton House offers elegant accomodation at competitive prices. It's affordable luxury.
Your hosts, Val and Brian Leask, have provided award-winning hospitality with combined experience of 25 years. Their friendly personalities and attention to detail assure that Allerton House is always more than just a place to stay.
Allerton House has six spacious, uniquely furnished bedrooms, each with its own character:
* Mary Queen Suite - a king size 4-poster double bed with seating area and beautiful views of the garden
* Castle Suite - a french pine king size double bed is accompanied by a comfy sofa and great views
* The Capon - family room with a king size double bed with separate adjoining room for the children offering full size bunkbeds, their own TV/video with children's books and videos and travel cot and bottle warming facilities available.
* Jed Room - charming cosy room with full size single bed
* Fernihurst Room - lots of room with seating area and full size twin beds
* Abbey Room - located on the ground floor with full size twin beds, very spacious and meeting all disability requirements
Each room has en-suite facilities with hair dryer, a colour television with 8 channels, a DVD player and wireless broadband internet access.
During the day you are welcome to relax and read the paper or a book in our Macallan Lounge
For the Children ..
* Family accommodation is available with separate adjoining room for the children offering full size bunkbeds, their own TV/video with children's books and videos.
* Travel cot provided.
* Bottle warming facility available.
* Babysitting services available.
* Special children's breakfast menu and highchair available.
* Children's games in garden play area.
For Everyone ..
* Complimentary use of indoor swimming facilities just 300 metres down the road while you are our guest at Allerton House. We are the only accommodation in Jedburgh to offer free swimming facilities!
* Accommodation that meets all disability requirements.
* Transportation to and from country walks or other local destinations is available upon request.
* If you're planning to be hiking for the day, packed lunches can be provided.
* Pamper Yourself! When you book ahead, we will do our best to fulfill special requests whether it's dietary requests or - for the romantic at heart - flowers, champagne, robes or luxury toiletries in your room for that special weekend away. Just ask! See Prices for details.
* Facial, massage and beauty treatments can be arranged upon request with a beautician coming to your room - a spa in the privacy of your accommodation. Services include: a range of facials using the Dermalogica state of the art skin care system; swedish and aromatherapy massage; manicure and pedicure; make-up application (including eyelash and eyebrow tinting); waxing; electrolysis; and ear piercing.
* A barbecue will be held every Wednesday in the garden during July & August (weather permitting.)
* Private Secure Parking.
* A library of DVDs is available to borrow as well as books and magazines.
For Business ..
* Wireless broadband email and internet access in each room.
* We also offer access to an executive office suite with all essential business services (internet access, e-mail, scanner, fax, photocopier etc.)
* There are conference facilities available for up to 20 delegates.
Our award-winning chef, Brian Leask, uses only Scottish produce to make your delicious breakfast. Free range eggs, sausages from a local champion butcher, Kelso mushrooms and locally made black pudding are just some of the choices you will have. We can cater to any special food requirements. We also offer a special children's menu.
THINGS TO DO
The historic Royal Burgh of Jedburgh lies 10 mile north of the English border. Its red sandstone abbey on the banks of the Jed water was founded in 1138 by David I and was many times sacked and rebuilt. An award-winning Abbey Visitors Centre portrays its troubled past.
In 1566, Mary Queen of Scots stayed in Jedburgh in a house that now tells the story of her tragic life. A winner of the beautiful Scotland in Bloom prize, Jedburgh offers an attractive setting to explore the town trail, take a riverside walk or browse around the shops in its colourful market place.
Golf- with over 20 golf courses to choose from why not try the freedom of the fairways.
Walking - St Cuthberts Way, Deer Street, and the Eildons offer some of the most spectacular scenery. Contact the Tourist Information Office in Jedburgh to learn more about other wonderful area walks.
Cycling- with the introduction of the Border pathways, the Borders have some of the best cycling routes in Scotland.
Fishing- why not try the famous Junction Pool on the river Tweed where the best Scottish salmon can be caught.
The area also provides many other activities even if it is just visiting the Border towns to see the history or sample some of the fine Scottish cuisine and beverages.
Attractions - Monteviot House Gardens, Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre, Jedburgh Abbey, Mellerstain House, Floors Castle, Paxton House, Jedforest Deer Park, FernieHirst Castle, Abbotsford House, Melrose Abbey. Visit the Tourist Information Office in Jedburgh to find out more!
Allerton House is located on Oxnam Road in Jedburgh, Scotland.
Jedburgh lies on the A68, 50 miles from Edinburgh and 58 miles from Newcastle.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 23 July 2013